AN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL AND PHYSICAL SCIENCES
Science Focus Journal (SFJ) is a peer reviewed journal that publishes original articles in all areas of Science and Technology in both theoretical and applied research. SFJ welcomes article submissions from all science and technology research areas including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Statistics, Biodiversity, Food Science Technology, Engineering Science, Educational Science and other applied sciences.
SFJ intends to provide a forum for the expression of new ideas, as well as a place for exposition of these areas of knowledge that can further the understanding of science and technology issues and concerns. SFJ provides a chance to bridge the gap between academic and industry professionals to discuss recent progress in applied sciences. I recommend this edition without any reservations.
Prof. A.T. Oladipo,
Dean, Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences,
Science Focus Journal (SFJ) is a peer-reviewed, open-access academic publication. We are committed to publishing manuscripts from significant scientific research and analysis. Each SFJ paper undergoes a peer review process facilitated by the SFJ Editorial Board, eminent faculty members and other renowned scientists across the globe.
Each year marks a chance for renewal, 2017 and 2018 are no exception. Articles in this issue speak about different disciplines covering the applications of Science, Engineering and Technology. In addition, they are assigned to a unique Digital Object Identifier “doi”. DOI is a unique identifier for a digital document. DOIs are important in academic citation because they are more permanent than URLs, ensuring that readers can reliably locate the source. It can often be found on multiple different websites and databases. It is an important emerging international standard for identification of published material online. It forms the foundation layer of a set of technologies that will enable accessibility to published material on the Internet so that copyright is protected.
We need to educate to innovate and innovate to educate. This edition focuses on innovation, sustainability and interdisciplinarity which are products of Science, Technology and Innovation.
Prof. O. S. Bello,
ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR
Science Focus Journal (SFJ) being a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed international journal delivers to our wide readers in the international community findings and innovation in broad areas of science and technology. In this edition are combined two volumes in one with scientific discoveries that cut across food processing and preservation technology, basic sciences of synthetic chemistry, spectrophotometric methods and cytogenetics through computer simulation and deep learning technology to environmental sciences especially; waste water treatment technology, environmental health and stability.
In order to give this publication outlet more prominence and visibility, the editorial board of the SFJ registered its presence on worldwide web long ago with Digital Object Identifier (DOI) acquired in order to make its articles easily accessible. With the cooperation of the authors and scientific community at large, we hope to get SFJ indexed in major archive/databases in the world i.e. Clarivate analytics, Scopus, CogPrints, CAB Abstract and several others in the nearest future. This is very important in order to gain more visibility and acquire impact. We are therefore determined to work harder to provide our services to the scientific community following the best practices as the one obtainable in international community.
It is our belief that our esteem authors and readers will find this edition of SFJ thought provoking, educative and inspiring.
Prof. M.A Azeez,
Asst. Managing Editor,
Science Focus Journal,
Total Views: 188
Volume 22 & 23 - 2017-2018 Edition
- EFFECTS OF DRYING METHOD AND REHYDRATION CONDITION ON SOME QUALITY ATTRIBUTES OF GARI FROM DRIED CHIPS OF DIFFERENT VARIETIES
Ogunlakin, G.O.*, Tunde-Akintunde, T.Y., Oke, M.O. and Olajire, A.S.
Page Number : 1-10
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0030
- SPECTROPHOTOMETRIC DETERMINATION OF METFORMININ THREE SIMULATED PHYSIOLOGICAL pH
Nasir, I.1*, Musa, A.2, Abdullahi, M.I.1 and Garba, M.2
Page Number : 11-19
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0020
- TRANSMIT DIVERSITY IN COOPERATIVE NETWORKS: IMPACT ON CHANNEL
Adeleke, O. A.
Page Number : 20-26
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0022
- EFFECTS OF AGE ON HEMATOLOGY AND SERUM BIOCHEMISTRY OF SOKOTO GUDALI BREED OF CATTLE UNDER EXTENSIVE MANAGEMENT
Ameen, S.A. 1*, Lawal, F.M.5, Olatunde, A.O.2, Oyedele, H.A.1, Raji, L.O., Baba, Y.A. 1, Biobaku, K.A.3, Akorede, G.J.' and Ahmed, A.O.4
Page Number : 1-8
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0023
- COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF DIFFERENT PRETREATMENT CHEMICALS AND FIXATIVES DURATION ON MITOTIC SPREAD OF ALLIUM CEPA (L.) ROOT CELLS
Animasaun, D.A7,Oyedeji S., Adedibu P.A. and Abegunde I.F.
Page Number : 9-19
DOI : https://doi.Org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0024
- EFFECTS OF HAULAGE TRAILER-PARK ON RESIDENTS WELL-BEING IN AKINYELE, IBADAN, OYO STATE, NIGERIA
Odunola, O. O. , Odunsi, O. M.2 and Adeoye, D. O.3
Page Number : 20-34
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0016
- FRICTIONAL PROPERTIES OF CASSAVA AS AFFECTED BY ROOT AGE AND MOISTURE CONTENT
Oriola, K.O.* 1, Oke, M.O.2 and Raji, A.O.3
Page Number : 35-49
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0018
- ASSESSMENT OF NATURAL RADIOACTIVITY, ITS ASSOCIATED RADIOLOGICAL HAZARDS AND DOSE PARAMETERS IN ALABA INTERNATIONAL MARKET OJO, LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA
Isola, G.At, Avanlola, P.S. and Fajuyigbe, A.
Page Number : 50-57
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0025
- EXTRACTION OF CITRUS SINENSIS SEED OIL(SWEET ORANGE): PHYSICOCHEMICAL AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS
Olu-Arotiowa, A.O.u, Odeniyi, T.A.2, Otolorin, J.A.2 and Alade, A.O.
Page Number : 58-75
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0027
- GEOPHYSICAL INVESTIGATION OF OBA EARTH-FILL DAM EMBANKMENT USING ELECTRICAL RESISTIVITY METHOD
Bayowa, O. G.*, Ogungbesan, G. O. and Mudashir, A. W.
Page Number : 76-83
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0028
- FINGERPRINT PHENOTYPING FOR ETHNICITY CLASSIFICATION: A GENERATIVE DEEP LEARNING PERSPECTIVE
Falohun, A.S.1, Aworinde, H.O.2, Afolabi, A.O. 1, Ismaila, W.O.1 and Fenwa, O.D.'
Page Number : 84-90
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0029
- PREPARATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ADSORBENT DERIVED FROM CHICKEN FEATHER-KAOLIN COMPOSITE FOR HEAVY METAL REMOVAL FROM INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER
Isiaka, S. 1*, Omoniyi, K.I.1, Yashim, Z.I. and Lavval, A.O.2
Page Number : 91-101
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0026
- SYNTHESIS AND CHARACTERISATION OF MIXED-LIGAND MANGANESE (II) AND COPPER (II) COMPLEXES OF BENZALDEHYDE WITH 1,10-PHENANTHROLINE, 2,2'-BIPYRIDINE AND ETHYLENEDIAMINE
Omoregie, H.O.* and Oladipupo, G.O.
Page Number : 102-109
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0019
- DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF ANINNOVATIVE CASSAVA PEELING MACHINE
Oke, M.O. 1, Oriola, K.O. *, Adegoke, A.E' and Sanni, L.O
Page Number : 110-112
DOI : https://doi.org/10.36293/sfj.2019.0017